I have finally decided to start a blog to hold my memories of Hanson concerts I attend.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Toronto 11/23/2010

I have to say, this show has made me really timid of wanting to go to a Hanson concert in another country ever again. Before I get to that, I'll start with the drive to Toronto.

It was pretty much uneventful until it was time to cross the border in Quebec. I have yet to witness a conversation that did not involve Hanson fans talking to other Hanson fances in which Hanson came up so many times, logically. The person at the border asked a series of questions such as: Where are you coming from, Where are you going, How do you know eachother, How long will you be here, etc etc.

The answer to 98% of the questions that were asked was "Hanson." Looking back, it was quite amusing. The border person ended up allowing us to just go ahead and cross the border without searching the car or any of us.

Once we crossed the border, we continued our journey to the mall that is near-ish Melissa's parents' house and ate dinner there. After that, we went to Melissa's house and she packed stuff she needed for the Toronto show.

Fast forward to the day of the show. We got there really early in the morning and of course, it was cold. It wasn't as cold as Burlington though (which surprised me). Basically the entire day was spent trying to pass time since it was cold and we were tired. We all passed the time by going to the local store/fast food places and using two things that come in pretty handy when there is a time of boredom: a pen, and paper. Melissa and Laura played a very amusing, shall we say, game while Danny and I opted for playing a game of dots.

Finally, it was about an hour before the walk was supposed to start. Melissa, Laura, and I went to the security guard to ask about what we should do since we would be working the walk table. After talking with the security guard, the security guard talking to someone in Hanson's camp, we were able to set up the walk. After the way Charlotte went down, and seeing how well everything went down in Burlington, we talked to the security guard about honoring the number system. It ended up with a lot of confusion on the part of the security guard and people in Hanson's camp, but everything finally worked itself out.

Since most of the walkers had never been on a walk before, we had to explain the registration process to just about all of them and explain a little bit about the walk. Most of the people were acting like it was 1997 all over again during the registration and the walk. Although we told them putting their phone number down was only to receive a text message reminder to donate, a lot of them were convinced Hanson would personally call them if they put their number down on the registration form. When Hanson came out there were a lot of cameras immediately shoved in their faces, girls screaming, and girls swarming them. Melissa, Laura, and I were glad to be working the walk table as opposed to walking with all the crazies.

After the walk and end of the walk speech were complete, Taylor decided it'd be a good idea to walk into us, apologize, then thank us for working the walk table. We replied with "you're welcome" and then Zac walked by and hacked all over us. Surprise Surprise, we all ended up sick.

Anyways, the security guard wanted to allow us to be the first ones in the door since we worked the walk table (Melissa, Laura, and I ended up making friends with him and even took a picture with him) but we ended up just going back to our spots in line. Once it was time for doors, everyone rushed inside to try to get as close of a spot as possible. I think we were about 2 or 3 rows back and somewhat center. I tried to meet up with another friend of mine that lives in Canada before the show started but she couldn't find me in the crowd and I knew if I left my spot I wouldn't get it back. There were already a couple of people leaving front row that were well on their way to becoming drunk even though the show had not even started yet and everyone around was becoming super annoyed. The crowd wasn't too bad when Gorbel was on stage.

It was an entirely different story when Hanson came on stage though. They took longer than usual to come on, but once they did come on everyone started shoving and cramming together trying to get as close to the stage as possible. Several times throughout the show I literally feared I would be trampled because of how the crowd was acting. Some girl behind me kept like sexually dancing all up on me and I really did not appreciate that. Thankfully I had my bulky jacket tied around my waist so that kept her at least a little bit separated from me.

After the show was over, we went to the bus once again to get autographs since we didn't get the chance to get all the autographs we wanted at the last show. While we were waiting for the guys to come out, I spotted William. He was goofing around and having a good time. At one point he came up and started acting like a lot of fans at the show (jumping up and down screaming "omg it's Hanson!"). He then went to the back (behind all of the fans) to hang out with some people he knew. At one point, I walked over to him and asked him to sign my card. He opened it up, let it play MMMBop for a few seconds and then closed it. He said something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I had to." I would imagine he is probably very tired of playing that song. I know out of all the full concerts I had attended thus far (not counting member events, walks, things like that) MMMBop was played at every single one of them. Though, he wasn't part of their crew for the first show I went to. I can't remember who was, but I remember one of them was a white guy with shabby-ish blonde hair and a kind of goatee. But to get to my point, I know he has played MMMBop many, many times. I didn't mind him closing the card, especially since he signed it.

When the guys finally came out to sign stuff, the fans REALLY acted like it was 1997. One fan even asked "will you sign my bossum (sorry not sure how to spell that)?" When Zac came to us, Laura joked that we could drive the bus back for him since it's from Tennessee and we were heading to Tennessee. He understood we were joking and took it very well. Eventually, Isaac made his way to us and he signed my card but skipped signing something for Laura. Laura didn't even realize he was there, but she made some sort of comment to Melissa and she jokes that her comment is the reason he skipped signing something for her. After that, it was off to the hotel for some sleep.

The next morning was the journey home, which really wasn't too eventful so I'm not going to bore you with the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment