I have finally decided to start a blog to hold my memories of Hanson concerts I attend.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Burlington 11/21/2010

This show was the coldest show I have ever attended, temperature wise. I definitely made use of my heavy jacket that I brought with me. Before I get into the show, I'll start with the beginning of the journey:

On November 19, Laura and I drove from our houses to Holly's (freeze) house in Nashville since we had an early flight the next morning. I had planned to meet up with a friend of mine in the Nashville area for dinner (I had invited Laura and Holly to come along but they declined the invite because at the time they were not hungry), so I met up with her first and we had dinner at Red Robin. After that, we spent some time hanging out with each other then she went home and I went to Holly's house. Once I arrived, Holly and Laura said they were hungry so we went out again. We went to some pizza place that I can't remember the name of but instead of eating real food, I opted for chocolate cake since I had already ate dinner.

After that was over, it was back to Holly's house where operation: Whit and Laura share one suitcase began. It sounds like a difficult task, but it really was not. We packed most of our stuff in our own carry-on bags. The suitcase was just for blankets, jackets, and stuff that we were not allowed to have in our carry-on. I had put the blankets in one of those vacuum sealed space saver bag things, but luckily even when it was un-sealed there was still plenty of space for everything because the airport unsealed the bag even though you could clearly see what was in it.

After that was done, we spent some time talking and just enjoying each other's company. Then it was time for bed.

Early the next morning, I drove Laura and I to the airport (we left Laura's car at Holly's). It was definitely an adventure figuring out where to park, but we finally figured it out and took the shuttle to the portion of the airport that we needed to enter so that we could check our luggage, go through security, and board our plane when the time came. For the most part, everything went smoothly and quickly. There were a lot of people traveling most likely to get home for Thanksgiving, but I didn't feel like we had to wait a long time to get through security.

I don't remember much of the plane ride except people freaking out swearing we were going to die because the plane ride from Charlotte to Vermont was a little bumpy (the oxygen masks didn't even come down). I am used to flying by now so I just kind of quietly laughed and flipped through the magazines on the plane to pass the time. Once we landed in Vermont, we took a taxi to the hotel. I remember thinking Vermont probably has more trees than Tennessee. Once the cab driver dropped us off, we checked into the hotel (that was another adventure, the entrance to the lobby is not designed for people with one or more suitcases, especially if one of them happens to be on the larger side) and went to our room. It was extremely cold outside and wasn't any better inside. We turned the heat on but it never did work. We pretty much stayed in our jackets the whole time.

Melissa and Danny finally arrived on the day of the show (they had went to the show the night before as well so that's why she didn't get to the hotel when we did). We spent some time in the hotel room basically just getting ready and gathering up everything we wanted to take with us (blankets, gloves, jackets, etc) then headed off to the venue. I don't remember much about the venue except there was a Dunkin Donuts literally like right in front of the venue so that's where everyone went for bathroom breaks and to warm up. For that walk, no one (not even Hanson) took their shoes off due to how cold it was.

After the walk, we gave our blankets and stuff to Danny to take to the car. When it was time to start going into the venue, we gave up our jackets. I was the sender that night for the set list, so I decided to text the set list to the receiver, Holly, and twitter since the place that has a good bit of setlists posted asked for someone to tweet the set list. Overall, it was a fun night. I got to hear I Will Come To You and that made my night. I've only heard it two times so far in concert. I also loved that the encore was Merry Christmas Baby and Run Rudolph Run.

After the show was over, we went to wait by the bus. Even though it was cold, I had no issue with waiting by the bus because I really wanted to get my MMMBop birthday card signed (Beth had sent it to me back in '08 I believe, and I knew I wanted Hanson to sign it but I never attempted to get them to sign it until this show. I got Zac and Taylor to sign it, Isaac never came out to sign stuff. When Zac saw what it was, he kind of giggled and then signed it.

Once we all got the autographs we wanted, it was time to back to the hotel and get some sleep since the next day was the drive to Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment